1. I wish I knew how Steven Spielberg made a movie as freaking amazing as Schindler's List.
2. I also wish Ralph Fiennes won at least ten Oscars for his performance in that film.
3. I wish there were more movies as genuinely happy and feel good as The Muppets.
4. I wish more actresses were as lovely as Jessica Chastain. Or more people were as lovely as she is.
5. I wish more people saw Me and Orson Welles and realised how amazing Christian McKay is. Hell, he was even amazing in I Melt with You. He should be in more movies.
6. I wish someone would make a really good biopic on Vivien Leigh. With Michelle Dockery playing her.
7. I wish teenagers didn't exist so they wouldn't overblow things like Twilight or The Hunger Games.
8. I wish I had the brain of Christopher Nolan.
9. I wish less people hated War Horse.
10. I wish going to the cinema was as magical for everyone else as it is for me (but that's because I basically never go).
11. I wish people didn't use that kind of slow-mo which doesn't have any flow at all (hopefully you know the kind I mean, think 80s movies).
12. I wish Katharine Hepburn was still around.
13. I wish there were more films that had really interesting behind-the-scenes stories like Gone with the Wind.
14. I wish more people knew how amazing Rebecca Hall is.
15. And Cillian Murphy.
16. And Olivia Williams.
17. I wish I could experience the end of Melancholia on the big screen again.
18. I wish I didn't have to send Days of Heaven back to Fatso. I'll never see it again.
19. I wish I could turn back time to at least 2008, before Blockbuster sold all of the DVDs I need.
20. I wish more people appreciated Baz Luhrmann's work (even though The Great Gatsby is looking a bit dodgy).
21. I wish Quentin Tarantino would do spin-offs on some of the Inglourious Basterds characters, like Bridget von Hammersmark, Archie Hicox or Hugo Stiglitz.
22. I wish there were more female directors.
23. I wish Sucker Punch was a far better movie.
24. I wish I didn't have such a stupid brain so I could make something as creative as Memento.
25. I wish Busby Berkeley was still alive so we could have more musicals with his amazing choreography.
26. I wish there were more musicals.
27. I wish more people would see how beautiful NZ is and film some more stuff here (wink wink).
28. I wish more films were as romantic as Midnight in Paris.
29. I wish I could eat all of the pies featured in Waitress. ALL OF THEM.
30. I wish I had Anne Hathaway and Emily Blunt's wardrobes in The Devil wears Prada.
31. I wish I talked more like Juno.
32. I wish I could use a camera to romanticize everything like Sofia Coppola does.
33. I wish I had a family like the one in Meet Me in St. Louis.
34. I wish more people had seen Waterloo Bridge.
35. I wish people would stop underestimating Ewan McGregor.
36. I wish more films had awesome scores like the one in The Social Network.
37. I wish every kid was brought up on The Adventures of Milo and Otis.
38. I wish I were as awesome as David Fincher.
39. I wish Leonardo DiCaprio would just hurry up and win an Oscar.
40. I wish people still made good adaptations of Tennessee Williams' work.
41. I wish Rosamund Pike was given more chances to shine like she did in An Education and Barney's Version.
42. I wish people weren't so harsh towards Roman Polanski.
43. I wish Michael Fassbender was nominated for an Oscar for his work in Hunger.
44. I wish I could see Shame.
45. I wish Guy Pearce could have better roles. Like he did in Memento.
46. I wish people made good teen movies like John Hughes did.
47. I wish Robert De Niro wasn't in so many crappy movies these days.
48. I wish I could have a dog like Snowy in The Adventures of Tintin. Or like Arthur in Beginners.
49. I wish Heath Ledger was still alive.
50. I wish that I could one day win the Best Director Oscar.
What are some of your cinematic wishes?